A recording of my journey through pregnancy.

My thoughts- loves - passions - projects. My virtual "Downloading" tab. ecclectic mix and randomness. Have fun and stay a while maybe!









Friday, October 21, 2011

Week 24 is approaching

So I still haven't uploaded anything. I am a dog. I really need to get on that. I am just so busy with works, school, and trying to be productive in the house that when I do waste time it's not doing productively wasteful things. Ha. I need to start the weekly belly pics now, since I didn't at first, and now I have a bump. It's crazy and I feel so beautiful. Literally the only time I don't is when I get on the scale.

I am putting on weight like someone bet me I couldn't or something. It's borderline scary, but I also think that once I have a baby and am plus 500 lbs, I'll feel really obligated to get it together. Wishful and procrastinating thinking? I think so, but also nothing motivates like feeling disgusting and huge. I really try to eat well,  but it is so hard. I don't have the most healthy relationship with food to begin with, I don't just eat to live. I don't quite eat to live, but I'm more on that end of the spectrum for sure. Not really sure why either, my dad is very fit and my mom always fed us pretty well, 1-2 veg and a fruit at dinner along with meat and not dessert nightly. I bet the portions were a little large and processesed sides were incorporated, but she did alot of cooking and didn't just live to feed us pizza and burgers. That being said, the biggest struggle for me right now is my consumption. I am literally hungry all the time. I have had 2 days this whole 24 weeks where I didn't feel at least 85% awesome, those two days I felt yuck and my belly really hurt. I think I ate too much, too fast when I wasn't hungry. Aside from that I can't be satisfied. I am really trying to make good choices, but nothing is filling. I try grains, fruits, vegetables, and of course junk. It all lasts the same, like 10 minutes and I want more. I am buying healthy stuff and consuming it, but I don't have the budget to eat only fresh fruits and vegetables or the will power probably. I am finally eating the things I buy and stuff is not going to waste so I feel very proud of that.

I realized today that starting my 24th week didn't mean I was starting the third trimester. Had I thought about this more, I would have known and not had to read it, but now I know. So, I have 1 more month of the second trimester to go. Basically 4 months when I had slyly convinced myself that I had 3. So I really have to get my weight undercontrol. I want to not have a belly full of stretch marks. Vain, I know, but I have boobs, thighs, and hips full of them. Puberty was terrible for my skin and I was terrible to my skin, so I am trying to be better to it now in hopes of not being covered. But I know the less I gain the more likely I am to not have them or have less.

This last month has been so nice. This whole pregnancy has been so nice. I feel so beautiful. Adam is so into all of this. He feels the baby kick and lays on my belly. He calls me beautiful, sexy, and georgous every day (which he did before, but I wasn't +30 lbs). It's so awesome. I am so in love with him and it grows everyday and he seems to be feeling the exact same way. It makes this process sooo much less mentally taxing for me. He is always texting me to tell me he loves and misses us or posting of Facebook when he feels her. It's so special. I didn't know what to expect from him and boy am I impressed. I wouldn't want to be going through all of this alone, and with him and my family and friends, I feel so supported. It is so wonderful.

I gave up my regular jeans after we got back from vacation on the 10th of this month. So at like 22 weeks or so. I could still get them on, but they started to get very uncomfortable. Now I am rocking the maternity pants that I can't believe even fit me. They are all like size small and size 6, I'm not either of those! So even my maternity clothes are making me feel lovely. My boobs have literally grown 3 cup sizes. I think maybe more, but I also think my cup size was too small pre pregnancy, so refuse to count up from that. I kind of hate it, they are even heavier then they were before and they don't seem to be stopping. I have 3 bras on the way from over seas, I should see them in a couple of weeks. I PRAY that they fit. I don't want to return them and order more. I just want to have a couple bras that fit and will fit for a while. I also pray that my boobs don't get much bigger. They seriously take away from my baby bump. If I were flat or smaller chested I would be showing more, but with my chest as it is, my bump won't be farther out than my boobs until 8 months, no joke. Adam loves it, but he is a man, so I can't really claim to be suprised there.

I haven't done much to prep for baby. I am a double dog. Adam has started to work on her room. He's been sick all week so that progress is halted at the moment, but I bet it will be redry walled this weekend and then we will paint. No idea on color yet, maybe yellow. We have a nice pile of stuff we have been gifted for our little lady. That is so cool, I feel so special and loved. I want to go through my maternity clothes and see what won't fit and maybe give to Adam's sister or consign. With it getting cold and most of this stuff being summer, I don't know that Ashley can use it. I also need to empty out the dresser upstairs so we can get it down here and hopefully refinish it and then stuff it with the clothes we have. Then I can maybe register at Target or something for the baby shower. Adam was planning one for me, but that suprise got messed up, so now I'm sort of at a loss. Do I try to initiate one for myself or wait for someone to just get on it. Not really sure what it appropriate. I want to do one in Kentucky and one in Indiana, The rough lists I made out for both locations seemed to deem two necessary, even if 1/3 of the people show up, it'll be probably like 8 -12 people at each and that seems okay. Not overwhelming. I just want to see everyone and celebrate this awesome time as much as possible. Still can't get over how blessed we have been so far. Now if we can figure out childcare I will be over the moon. That is one kink we have yet to un-kink.

Really going to try to post some pics of what we have so far, the babies room in progress, and my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment